Available: May 5, 2016
After 13 Criss Cross sideman appearances, including four with the all-star collective Opus 5, Boris Kozlov, one of New York's busiest and most respected bassists in a multiplicity of genres, makes his leader debut for the label with Conversations At The Well.
Joined by the distinguished guitarist David Gilmore of Steve Coleman and Five Elements fame, and the increasingly prominent drummer Rudy Royston, Kozlov guides and grounds their creative navigation of repertoire by Bill Evans, Charles Mingus, Herbie Hancock, Duke Ellington,Wayne Shorter, Keith Jarrett, Ornette Coleman and Thelonious Monk, concluding the proceedings with a vivid, spontaneously generated blues.
Boris Kozlov (B)
David Gilmore (G)
Rudy Royston (D)
1. Five (Bill Evans) 6:28
2. Conversation (Charles Mingus) 5:49
3. Orbits (Wayne Shorter) 6:14
4. Semblance (Keith Jarrett) 7:20
5. Prelude To A Kiss (Duke Ellington) 9:09
6. Eye Of The Hurricane (Herbie Hancock) 6:12
7. Latin Genetics (Ornette Coleman) 5:46
8. Headless Blues (Boris Kozlov / David Gilmore / Rudy Royston) 4:51
9. Pannonica (Thelonious Monk) 5:26
Total Time: 57:19
Recorded February 16, 2016 in Brooklyn, NY, USA by Joe Marciano
|Brand||Criss Cross Jazz|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Birdland Records users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.