Linda Ronstadt & The Nelson Riddle Orchestra - What's New - Hybrid SACD
Hybrid Stereo. DSD. Stereo Multi-channel.
The album spawned a major change in popular culture because Ronstadt was then considered the leading female vocalist in rock. Both her record company and manager, Peter Asher, were very reluctant to produce this album with Ronstadt, but eventually her determination won them over and the albums exposed a whole new generation to the sounds of the pre-swing and swing eras.
The one-time popular music sung by Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Tony Bennett, Rosemary Clooney, Peggy Lee, and their contemporaries was relegated in the 1960s and 1970s to Las Vegas club acts and elevator music. Ronstadt later remarked that she did her part in rescuing these songs which she called "little jewels of artistic expression" from "spending the rest of their lives riding up and down on the elevators."
1. "What's New?" Johnny Burke, Bob Haggart 3:55
2. "I've Got a Crush on You" George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin 3:28
3. "Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry" Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne 4:13
4. "Crazy He Calls Me" Carl Sigman, Sidney Keith Russell 3:33
5. "Someone to Watch Over Me" George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin 4:09
6. "I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance with You" Bing Crosby, Ned Washington, Victor Young 4:06
7. "What'll I Do" Irving Berlin 4:06
8. "Lover Man (Oh Where Can You Be?)" Jimmy Davis, Jimmy Sherman, Roger "Ram" Ramirez 4:18
9. "Goodbye" Gordon Jenkins 4:47
|Brand||Elektra / Asylum / Warner Bros. Japan|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Birdland Records users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.