"I recommend these highly...They can't stay in print forever so don't delay!" - Steve Hoffman, mastering engineer
"Blue Note has never sounded this good on CD before - these are the first digital Blue Notes that come close to the sound of vinyl. And the packaging is outstanding. I love the high quality glossy covers, and the insert booklets are the first effort I've seen to fit high quality photography into such a small package. Keep up the good work." - Dennis Davis, Hi-Fi+
"Astute listeners know that the very first Blue Note CD issues are sonically superior to the more recent RVG remasters. Well, these XRCD24s absolutely crush them both, displaying high-frequency air, midrange presence, and bottom-end definition and weight missing on earlier CDs and many LPs as well." - Mark Mickelson, TheAudioBeat.com www.theaudiobeat.com/music/blue_note_xrcd24_cd.htm
The greatest jazz performances include moments like those heard on Cool Struttin', where the music has a life of its own beyond the individual players. The more one plays Cool Struttin', the more it is obvious that this is one of the truly essential Blue Note recordings.
• Mastered and produced by Alan Yoshida and Joe Harley from the Original Rudy Van Gelder Blue Note 2-Track Analog Tapes!
• Highest Quality Analog-to-Digital transfers from tape to CD
• Deluxe Packaging with Hi-Resolution Black & White Session Photos by Francis Wolff.
• Includes Original Album Liner Notes
• XRCD24 is Compatible with ALL CD PLAYERS!
|Brand||Blue Note / Audio Wave|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Birdland Records users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.