2019 release - coming soon
13CD clamshell box set | Remastered from the original tape masters | Featuring previously unreleased material across Tubby Hayes’ Fontana years | 152 page booklet | 5” square CD wallets with spines and plain inner sleeves | Original Artwork [*except CD2 is hybrid original artwork] as facsimile sleeves.
Mastering Notes: The recordings have been lovingly remastered at Gearbox Records’ Studios, London, directly from the original tapes, using a Studer C37 ¼-inch stereo tape machine. They were then equalised through an all-valve mastering desk built bespoke for Decca studios in the late 1950s, Vintage Lang Pultec EQ, Prism Maselec EQ and Telefunken U73b valve limiters from 1959. All CD have been mastered using MQA [Master Quality Authenticated] technology. MQA-CD plays back on all CD players. When a conventional CD player is connected to an MQA-enabled device, the CD will reveal the original master quality.
- CD1: Tubbs (1961)
- CD2: Equation In Rhythm / Palladium Jazz Date * (A side: Southern Routes Pts. 1 & 2, B side: Tubby Hayes’ Palladium Jazz Date tracks) + Sally/I believe In You (single) (1961 & 1962)
- CD3: Tubbs In N.Y. (1961)**
- CD4: Return Visit! (1962)
- CD5: Late Spot At Scott's (1962)**
- CD6: Down In The Village (1962)
- CD7: Tubbs' Tours (1964) + previously unreleased bonus material
- CD8 & CD9: 100% Proof (1967) + previously unreleased bonus disc
- CD10: Mexican Green (1967) previously unreleased bonus material
- CD11 & 12: Grits, Beans And Greens (Complete sessions) (1969)
- CD13: The Orchestra (1970)
|Brand||Decca / Universal|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Birdland Records users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.